Sunday 15 June 2014

AOP

Last night was supposed to be the biggest event ever held by Rum&Bass raves, which had 5.5k attending. The location was in East Croydon, which wasn't much of a treck for me but it still took time to get there. After having spent an hour waiting around Kings Cross station, we headed off to the first location in process of getting to the rave, which was London Victoria. There we stayed for another 40 minutes or so waiting until 10pm for the second phone line to tell us where to go next.
Eventually we finally got told to get on the train to east croydon, the station was full of massive groups on their way to the rave, so it was pretty busy. After a train ride which felt like 40 minutes rather than 20, we got off and headed onto the streets to find where to go. The amount of people wondering around was actually crazy, we then got to the our destination, where it looked like the scene of a riot. There were police cars and vans everywhere, a group of policemen with shields. Furniture, fire extinguishers and missiles were being thrown around, in the end the feds left and we were allowed to start entering the building. We were stuck in the que for about 3 hours, I was too cold, tired and felt ill by this point so I decided to just leave and get the train home. Definitely glad I didn't stay, being around a load of violent, abusive people was not the one.
Once I got home, after an 8 hour long sleep I decided to post one of my videos that I had taken whilst the feds were around. I then got a comment from an ITV London news reporter asking me permission to use my video, and if so to email it to him. I've never been so excited in my life.



Old post office in East Croydon



^ the video that was used.



- S -

No comments:

Post a Comment